Work on Wiki — "Finished" Edit
So thus ends my spree working on the Wiki. All the things I wanted to fix and add are in there... of course a wiki is never finished, but the basics are all there and look nice, IMO. I'll keep an eye on the wiki from time to time to ensure that the style / layout stays consistent.
- — AEon 09:06, September 1, 2010 (UTC)
Working on the Wiki FAQ Edit
Started the work on the The Overlord Series FAQ for this wiki. Should not take too long, since the Overlord game are not really that complicated, as compared to RPGs.
- — AEon 16:17, August 25, 2010 (UTC)
Adding Overlord II content Edit
- All the weapons and armour you can forge... name, image, price. — done
- Details about Treasure, where to find Dark Crystals, and all the Upgrade stones. I actually took map screenshots, so maybe those could be used. — done (not using map shots though)
- List the Netherworld Tower Upgrades on a per Mistress basis. — done
- Add images for the many content pages, where missing.
- — AEon 07:04, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Skin was updated by Game widow, fixed a few things (logo update) plus a few colors in tables that still used another style.
- Started adding character quotations.
- — AEon 03:44, August 17, 2010 (UTC)
Wiki overhaul done (677 edits) Edit
Finished the complete re-edit of all pages just now. The wiki should now be *very* consistent. So please look into the current style before creating your own changes. Hopefully I'll be able to look into adding new content now.
- — AEon 03:02, August 8, 2010 (UTC)
About my Editing Edit
Just went in and niced-up a few things, I am normally more on the The Witcher Wiki. — AEon 01:53, July 30, 2010 (UTC)
- Consistently fixing typos by using BrE spelling (except for AmE quotes directly from the game).
- Trying to improve the layout, especially for images.
The default infobox image width is 256px... enforcing this to make the pages look better.
- Trying to make the best use of the TOC, and the naming of the section titles.
- Adding cross-reference links, when missing.
- Adding category tags to help better find pages of the same "type".
- Renaming pages with typos, ensuring these pages are properly linked to, if referenced on other pages.
- Expanding word abbreviations like "you'll" to "you will". A wiki to me is like a book, no colloquial wording, unless these are original quotes from the game.
- Overall, looking at the existing style, to systematically apply that style to the other pages of the same category, again to improve layout consistency.
- Adding a bit of content here and there.
- Started to add redirects, to make search yield better results. Also adding redirects as aliases to allow more convenient link names in-text.
Most of these things are have been proven to be "neat" on the The Witcher Wiki, hoping to get that level of quality into the Overlord wiki (time permitting). — AEon 22:16, July 31, 2010 (UTC)