- "Ah, it's nice to see folks enjoying themselves for a change. Quite a wild bunch, aren't they? Back home in Ruboria I'm called Archibaldamius Methuselah Wobbleboard the 3rd, but folks round here just call me Archie. We've had some tough times. The Halflings have ransacked most of the farms and everyone's turned up in Spree... on my doorstep! They voted me mayor! I got the drinks, yeah, but no food to feed them. Look, I really need some... er... er valiant knights, to get us back the food the halflings stole from us. Their village lies to the East. I bet they're keeping it there! Go on, full tummies for us equals fuller pockets for you, if you get my drift." — Archie's speech when he meets for the first time the Third Overlord.
"Archie" or Archibaldamius Methuselah Wobbleboard the 3rd is the mayor of the village of Spree.
Overlord[edit | edit source]
Archie originates from the Ruborian Desert and owns a small inn in the center of the town called "The Happy Mule". He is one of the traitors who has betrayed the Third Overlord, when Spree is attacked by Kahn. If you don't give Spree's stolen food back, Archie will stop respawning if killed although he will still appear with the traitors in Spree.
Overlord II[edit | edit source]
In Overlord 2, Archie is presumed to be dead, killed by the Overlord or died from the Magical Plague when the Tower Heart exploded. Altought, he could have escaped with some Spree survivors to help the rise of the Glorious Empire.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- He was originally meant to be a blacksmith, but later he was changed to innkeeper.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "I thought, he was going to crush my poor inn."
- "I miss my Ruboria! Dry as a dead man's tongue, and sandstorms so bad you'd be sneezing glass for a week."
- "Ah man, I saw a lady pass through here the other week. Pretty as flower but sharp as dagger. Ouch!"
- "I've seen many evil creatures... but you beat them all."
- "Thank you, I couldn't resist any longer listening to my stomach grumbling. Come back to my inn anytime you want."
- "I think, there might be more innkeepers in Ruboria."
- "You've stolen food from the mouth of babies... you hear me? Babies!
- "You're welcome at the Happy Mule any time!